The purpose of the center is to preserve Indian art and culture and share it with people of West Virginia to promote understanding and closer ties. In addition the Center is committed to promote “ Unity within Diversity” and beyond by way of community services such as free yoga & meditation classes, educational seminars, etc. Everyone is encouraged to participate in these activities with no bar for age, sex, race, national origin, or religious background. The Indian Heritage Fair is one of the many activities to accomplish this noble objective.
Please call reservation manager Kiran Sanghavi @ (304) 610-7954 or email Kiran @email@example.com or complete the reservation form below
Click here to view available dates
India Center Cleanup Day is scheduled for October 26, 2014 (more details to follow)
Celebrate Diwali with us on Saturday, November 1, 2014
Diwali (Deepavali) is a major celebration for all Indians.
Children (under 6): free
Entertainment Program Entry Guidelines:
The following are the guidelines for participation in the entertainment/cultural program
1. Participants or their parents MUST be current members of India Center (Life, Permanent or AnnualMember). Annual membership fees is $101.00 and checks are made payable to “India Center”
2. Item/song preference is on a first come first serve basis. Every effort will be made to accommodate asmany items as possible
3. The deadline for program entry is Saturday, October 18, 2014. Please email your program entrydetails to Meenu Patel @ firstname.lastname@example.org, copy to email@example.com. All program entry details should include your music file, choreographer(s) name, participant(s) name(s), item name and item description.
Please email your music file in a common format(.mp3, .wav).
A 4 minute music clip in most cases, can be easily sent through emails. We are trying to eliminate the process of giving CD’s to the DJ. If you have any issues, please contact Meenu Patel before the stage rehearsal day
4. The time allowed for each entertainment item will not exceed 4 minutes
5. Performances based on regional folk and group dances are encouraged
6. Minimum age for participants is five (5) years (No exceptions)
7. An individual cannot participate in more than two (2) items
8. A mandatory stage rehearsal in India Center will be held on Sunday, October 26, 2014, 1:30 pm.
Participants must bring their own music on the rehearsal day.
P.S. For any inquiries or further information please contact:Meenu Patel; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diwali puja - 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Appetizers - 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Performances by our community kids - 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Dinner - 8:30 p.m.
Adult Members: $20
Adult non-members: $25
Children (6 to 12): $5
Friday October 17, 2014 at 7:30 PM
(Indian Classical Music)
Pt. Abhijit Pohankar (Keyboards)
Ninad Mulaokar (Bamboo Flute)
Ojas Adhiya (Tabla)
Tamarack – Exit # 45 on I 77
Dinner before the Event
6:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. $ 50.00 per Person
Call 255-0293 for your dinner reservation
(Sendyourcheck payable to S. A. C. S. Inc.)
South Asia Cultural Society, Inc. 505 Northwestern Ave. Beckley, WV 25801
(Enriching WV with New Tunes)
MANA MEAL - The India Center sponsors lunch at Manna Meal (free meals to the needy) on India Independence Day (August) and US Thanksgiving (November).